AVG PTR15/1400 15mm 1/2" 1400kPa PTR / TPR Pressure Temperature Relief Valve
Australian Valve Group (AVG) PTR15/1400 15mm (1/2") 1400kPa PTR Pressure and Temperature Relief Valve (also known as TPR valve) is cross compatible with other popular makes such as Reliance HT55 PTR valve with same fitments and functions.
During the hot water services' heating cycles, the volume of water will expand as the temperature increases. This volume expansion creates excessive pressure inside the water cylinder and must be regulated. The AVG PTR valve is designed to regulate and relieve the pressure in hot water services by dripping in a controlled manner. 2-5L a day of dripping is normal, depending on the hot water usage and the amount of heating going into the water.
The AVG PTR valve is also a mechanical protection device for the hot water services. In rare occasions of faulty thermostat or heating element, the hot water service can overheat and build dangerously high pressures. When the AVG PTR valve senses this abnormally high temperature and pressure, it will dump large amounts of water in hundreds of liters for an emergency pressure relief.
A functioning PTR valve is a requirement by law in Australia for safety and the AVG PTR valve is approved under the Watermark standard. The AVG PTR valve comes with an insulation jacket and allows for a professional look and minimal heat loss.
A PTR valve usually has a life span about 5 years and needs replacing if you notice excessive water leakage in a stream instead of a controlled dripping. The AVG PTR valve is cross compatible with many other brands such as Reliance, Tomson, Nefa and Refex.
The AVG PTR valve fits perfectly with mainstream heat pump, solar, electric and gas storage water heater brands such as Rheem, Vulcan, Rinnal, Dux, Aquamax, Thermann, Apricus and Solahart.
- Each valve is individually tested and calibrated to ensure that it meets the correct pressure specifications
- Australian Watermark Approved (Australian Standard AS1357.1 under Licence No. 2639 and meets AS4020, Drinkable Water Standard)
- Suitable for either horizontal or vertical installation
- This valve is designed to automatically reseat after each action
- Insulation Jacket included
- Manufactured under quality control assurance ISO 9001 and ISO 9002
- AVG PTR15/1400 15mm (1/2") 1400kPa PTR Valve with insulation jacket
- Package Weight: 350g